--- Roger Creasy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Zachary Rizer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:--- Roger
> Creasy wrote:
>
> > Howdy!
> >
> > I just installed sarge with KDE. I have DSL
> internet
> > connectivity through my network card, so the card
> is
> > working. However, if, from the KDE desktop, I go
> > home -> LAN connection, I get an error that says
> > that the protocol is not available. What's up with
> > this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any assistance,
> >
> > Roger

> > Shop for Back-to-School deals on Yahoo! Shopping.
> You need to set up the operating system to
> communicate
> with your DSL modem or router (however you have it
> set
> up). Read one of the many HOWTOs on the subject at
> tldp.org and google.com. Note: KDE != OS|Linux|Unix
>
> ~Z
>
> But, my internet connection works, it is my network
> connection that does not.

> Shop for Back-to-School deals on Yahoo! Shopping.

I suggest you read what I said.  Yes, your connection
works, but your OPERATING SYSTEM needs to understand
HOW TO COMMUNICATE with it.  Read the HowTos, as I
said.  Hint: You have to set it up to receive DHCP, or
set your static IP, depending on your setup.
Technically, my car works, but it doesn't go anywhere
until I put the key in it.  Ya dig?

~Z