Roger Creasy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>writes:

> I just installed sarge with KDE. I have DSL internet connectivity through my
> network card, so the card is working. However, if, from the KDE desktop, I go
> to home -> LAN connection, I get an error that says that the protocol is not
> available. What's up with this?

You don't have the network browser "lisa" installed, which provides
smb and nfs browsing capabilities to KDE.

OK. I have studied networking with Linux, from MAC and ip addresses to switches vs routers, DNS, proxy/NAT, OSI, PPP, bootp, packets, PING, PING ECHOS, TCP/IP, etc....

I have heard that I need to install SAMBA and separately that I need to install LISA. Do I need both?

I still don't know what I need to do......