On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Victor Torrico wrote:

> The new Netscape Communicator 4.01b6 installs nicely using the Debian
> netscape-beta package.  It seems to be very stable but then again I
> never had problems with Communicator 4.0b5.

[deleted for brevity]

Communicator 4.01b6 works great here too!  However, it seems to be a
memory hog, and the memory usage just keeps growing, sometimes up to 40 MB
virtual memory (?) (and X was taking over 30 MBs by then too) and by that
time I would just quit and restart Netscape so I wouldn't run out of
memory.  Maybe part of the reason is that I am using some big Chinese
fonts?  :)  But other than that, it is one of the most stable release!
The response was fast and quick too!  The thing that slows it down was all
the swapping and grinding that my hard drive makes.  (I have 32 MB RAM and
64 MB swap; Netscape and X together use over half of that... :)

Anyway, for some reason, 4.0b5 was very unstable on my computer.  It
crashed very often.  Maybe it wasn't built for libc 5.4.33?  ^_^

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Civil Engineering                http://www.ualberta.ca/~foka/