>> I haven't had any problem with the 4 gig Barracuda I've been using
>> in my Linux box, except for getting bitten by the glibc/fsck bug. >
>>
>What bug is that? Just curious, as I'm running glibc on a 4G
>barracuda, and 2 2G Quantum Atlases. (With a large striped partition.)

if you have any partitions greater than 2GB than there is a bug in
libc6 llseek which will cause your file system to be wiped out. i lost
two systems because of this. i downgraded to e2fsprogs 1.10-2 which is
linked against libc5 and i haven't had any problems since (or before).

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |