On 30-Dec-98, [EMAIL PROTECTED] took time to write :
> I seem to remember reading somewhere a LILO/boot command-line option
> to turn-off SCSI reset.  Unfortunately, I've not been able to locate
> the reference.
>
> Could one of you kind folks either point me in the right direction,
> or even (***gasp***) tell me the answer!  :)

I don't know the answer to your problem (never had a chance to come close an
SMP machine, lucky you !)

But for the lilo option it's no_reset

ex:
aic7xxx=no_reset
(change aic7xxx to the name of your SCSI driver)

you can put it in lilo.conf like that
append="aic7xxx=no_reset"

or otherwise on the lilo prompt you can type:
linux aic7xxx=no_reset

if linux is the name of your kernel

Good luck

Patrick

Ps: to find things like that see the kernel sources.
for example aic7xxx=no_reset (along with all other options) is clearly
mentioned at the beginning of /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/aic7xxx.c