In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("E.L. Meijer \(Eric\)") writes:

> [ about choosing a cd-writer ]
>> Stay away from IDE CDR's... I recommend Yamaha SCSI or Trax-Data SCSI units
>> etc.. The names that seem to be in the fore front on Technology
>
> Hmm, I know several people who are using a Philips 3610 rewriter with
> IDE interface that have good experiences with that.  If you are going to
> use scsi, you will need to be sure to get a good scsi interface, I have
> seen lots of trouble with somewhat cheaper models.
  I have one of these beasts, and it works reasonably well.

  Mind you reasonably: there are some things which it apparently
  cannot do: I have problems ripping audio of a copied CD: for some
  reason, I get scsi (I use scsi emulation) timeouts. I can copy
  copied CD-roms just fine..

  Anybody know of a fix for this ? Am I looking at dying drive or is
  this normal ?
                TimT.

> HTH,
> Eric Meijer

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Voodoo Programmer/Keeper of the Rubber Chicken
Empty cans make the most noise. (kick) (brangg!) (klank!)