Pollywog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
| On 09-Feb-99 Adam Di Carlo wrote:
| >
| > Debian seems to be taking a beating on the recent /. poll
| > of distributions.  Have you all voted?
|
| Why is that?  I just ordered a copy because I have heard good things
| about the distro.

You won't be sorry. I've tried a few distros, and been using Linux
since 0.99 days, and have never been disappointed in Debian. As I said
in a previous note on the list, I personally consider Debian's showing
on /. to be pretty good. It's second, behind RedHat.

The only reason RedHat is doing better is because they have an
advertising budget. There's nothing technically superior about it,
other than, perhaps, a little easier installation procedure.

Gary