> On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 20:57:39 +0100 (MET), Paul Seelig wrote:
>
> >Redhat is a distribution geared at ease of use. That's why Linus
> >himself uses Redhat and not Debian.
>
>     Debian, IMHO, is easy to use.  Very easy to use.  From what I've heard
> RedHat is harder to use.

>From what I've seen on this list so far, I'd say:

Debian's harder to install. One guy mentionned he could install Red Hat in
less than 15 minutes. Hard to have something fully up at that speed with
Debian.

Debian's way easier to maintain. Apt, dselect and dpkg are marvels. In the
same way, Debian's easier to upgrade.

So, in those comparative reviews, yes, we DO are disadvantaged. What they
look at is: How easy are the 5 first day of use. They forget about the 360
next that'll really show the Debian power.

Christian Lavoie