On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Remco van 't Veer wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 17:38, Robert Varga wrote:
>
>    1) Change to the directory where you downloaded your patch.
>      * cd ~/orapatch
>
>    2) Extract the patch.
>      * tar -xvzf glibcpatch.tgz
>
>    3) Run the script.
>      * sh glibcpatch.sh

Sends a couple of error messages about not finding files. These files are:

a.: components which were not selected for install.

b.: this is the problem: i386-glibc20-linux-gcc and
i386-glibc20-linux-gcc/bin/ld

Due to the problem b: it did not build anything, but make my binaries
vanish (got renamed). After I set these to point to /usr/bin/gcc272 and
/usr/bin/ld I got only messages for error a:, however the binaries built
segfaulted again. Did not even try to install the db files and run
root.sh.

Robert Varga