On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 19:47, Robert Varga wrote:

> Due to the problem b: it did not build anything, but make my binaries
> vanish (got renamed). After I set these to point to /usr/bin/gcc272 and
> /usr/bin/ld I got only messages for error a:, however the binaries built
> segfaulted again. Did not even try to install the db files and run
> root.sh.

Please note I did not try this myself, I am sticking to slink until
potato is released as stable.  Your experience and a closer look at
the instructions I referred to prove that this patch was a poor bet.

The problem is of course the relinking of binaries to glibc-2.0 on
potato.  This seems impossible.  There is a way to install Oracle
without relinking, IIRC.  I think it has something to with OPS.

I sure hope 8i runs on potato.  Can anybody confirm this?

Regards,
Remco

--
sigar heroïne NSA hacker BOK encryption PSUC DSS/Diffie-Hellman
Slobodan Milosevic ammunition bomb North Korea class struggle amfetamine