Hi,

Like most of you, I like playing with opeating systems. I am having
difficulty using lilo to boot Win2K from hdb. Here's my lilo.conf file.

boot=/dev/hda
compact
vga=extended
timeout=200
prompt
image=/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        alias=L
        read-only
other=/dev/hda1
        label=Win98
        alias=W
        table=/dev/hda
other=/dev/hdb1
        label=Win2K
        table=/dev/hdb

Both the linux image and the Win98 partition have no problems, but then
they both exist on hda. Right now I can boot my machine, input 'win2k'
at the LILO prompt, I get the message 'Loading Win2k' and then the
system freezes, either immediately or after a blank screen. The hdb1
partition is active. Am I missing something in my lilo.conf? Is it even
possible to use lilo to boot an OS from other than the first disk?

If I change 'other=/dev/hdb1' to the MBR on hdb, i.e 'other=/dev/hdb' I
get a 'Partition entry not found error.' I don't think that is the right
direction, but I figured that I should try it. I know that Win2K
installed something to the MBR of hdb because if I swap hdb and hda,
Win2k boots just fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason