On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 08:29:15AM -0700, Steve Lamb ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

>     Does anyone know of a basic X launchbar?  Basic as in doesn't
>     depend on too many libraries to run.  Gets to be a pain to launch
>     programs from different machines to my local desktop from the
>     command line of each machine.

Have you looked into tkdesk?  It requires tk/tcl and a few other libs.
I´m not sure how easy it is to configure to launch remote apps, though.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                                           |
|   Research Scientist                                                 |
|   NYS Dept. of Health                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |
|   Wadsworth Center - ESP                                             |
|   P. O. Box 509                                    518 486-7829      |
|   Albany, NY 12201-0509                                              |