One question, if I may: Is the kernel that this module is working with
installed from
the 2.2.17 kernel image deb or did you compile it from the kernel sources? It
seemed
to me that the fact that I installed the sources, but tried to run the module
with
the precompiled kernel might have caused the problem described by you (and
experienced by me).

Thanks,
Juergen