>>>>> Mac  writes:

    m> I just searched for other mails from [EMAIL PROTECTED] and i only
    m> found polite questions AND answers concerning debian. This man
    m> appears to be a victim. (My password was sniffed some years ago
    m> and it was quite a disaster for me - someone started really
    m> REALLY bad nazi crap with my identity - not nice)

I have a Debian mail archive dating back from April which I have
grepped for his email address, and have seen nothing from him.  His
email identity might have been stolen, but he hasn't posted any polite
questions OR answers concerning Debian.  Maybe you could give me some
Message-IDs?

    m> And he replied to another thread where [EMAIL PROTECTED] asked
    m> for how to unsubscribe. He simply and politely wrote
    m> UNSUBSCRIBE ... [1]

This wasn't simple and polite, it was his way of trying to
unsubscribe.

    m> It looks like someone had some 'fun' with his reputation - not
    m> nice. Maybe i am wrong but please people check your mails and
    m> you should see the following:

    m> Opened threads and answers by subject from [EMAIL PROTECTED] (all
    m> look like he just want's to get his linux up and running)

    m> xdm questions; resolution?
    m> Dexter
    m> 2.2 -> 2.2.2r
    m> Re: erase my adress on your list!!! [1]
    m> no modules after kernel compile
    m> linux freezes during scanning [SOLVED]
    m> Re: GNU/Linux boot disk w/lilo
    m> OT: regular expression question

Have you *read* all these posts?  He (or whoever) was just saying
UNSUBSCRIBE a lot.  It looks to me like he accidentally go subscribed
and couldn't deal with it.

    m> So i conclude [EMAIL PROTECTED] is just a normal Debian user and is
    m> not such a crazy person as it might look like. He is on the
    m> list, he uses the list - why should he start to get crazy? It
    m> does not look like he want's to get off the list.

He doesn't use the list.  He got crazy because he couldn't unsubscribe
(call it email-rage -- he couldn't control his surroundings).

    m> Cool down and cross-check the mails you receive - this is the
    m> right behaviour.  Especially when dealing with someones
    m> reputation it is mandatory, right?

Right.  That's why no messages should have been sent that were
damaging to his reputation.

    m> Don't let some other 'individual' make more 'fun' out of this
    m> 'threads', please. On such critical threads always check twice
    m> or more BEFORE flaming, please.

    m> BTW, if he would be such an ignorant person why isn't he
    m> flaming your replies and starting a real flame war? Looks like
    m> he is polite and mature enough to be a Ph.D. and to not behave
    m> this premature way.

I think you mean immature.  Maybe he got unsubscribed before those
posts reached him.  Maybe he will start flaming away tomorrow.  There
are a lot of possibilities.  He has not been acting like a Ph.D. or
been polite at all.

--
Chris