[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>      The virtual resolution is by default set to the maximum resolution
> for the display (I think).  In the display section add the line:
>
>      Virtual 1024 768
>
> You might not be able to switch to a larger display, however.  See
> man XF86Config.
>
> -Chris
 That did it! It is not exactly what I wanted to achieve, but at least
it puts me back to where I was before the upgrade. Now if I can just
figure out how to coordinate a change in resolution with a corresponding
change in virtual screen size. Maybe a virtual display with each
resolution..... Any ideas? BTW I did see the reference in the docs, but
did not understand how they applied. The examples were not clear.:-(
--

John Foster