> > This is a HOOT! Send it to Slashdot or Linux.com; it needs to be published.
>
> /. ?  Better send it to debianplanet.org...

I'm afraid we can't do that.  As you know we at Debian take copyright very
seriously so I did a google search on the author and only came up with
this:

JALDHAR H. Vyas
Pen name of Marguerite Gumbey, English writer [1895-1992].  Born to a
genteel yet impoverished junior branch of the Hapsburg family, Marguerite
Gumbey lived a quiet, undistinguished life until World War II when while
flying bomber missions for the R.A.F., she wrote the first draft of her
magnum opus, "The Heart Is An Open Source."  Lambasted by the critics, the
book suffered near disaster when the publisher tried to force the title to
be changed to "The Heart Is Free (As In Speech, Not Beer) And Has No
Affiliation With The Open Source Movement Which I Detest For Its'
Insufficent Promotion Of The Idea Of Freedom."  But it overcame such
difficulties and became much beloved by readers, sending it to the top of
the bestseller charts on all continents.  (fifteen years later, the
Klingon translation would acheive the same feat.)  Although they never
reached quite so dizzying heights, her later books such as 1964's "The
Cathedral And The Boudoir", the 1965 short story collection, "Tales Of
Lust, Treachery, And Emacs", and 1971's "Valley Of The Penguins", were
also popular though not without controversy.  For instance 1973's "RFC
4917:  A Decongestion Algorithm For Symmetric Digital Subscriber Lines"
was banned in Australia and New Zealand for its' explicit sexuality.  In
her final years, Marguerite retired to a Carmelite convent in Shropshire
where she remained until her untimely death at 97 in a freak toner
cartridge replacement accident.

So you see without the permission of the author or her estate, this work
cannot be reproduced elsewhere until it passes into the public domain
around 2062.  I've heard the Gutenberg Project have already expressed an
interest.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [no relation]