Colin Watson wrote:

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 02:48:33PM +0100, Guy Geens wrote:

Just set CVSROOT to an appropriate value, e.g.:
export CVSROOT=:ext:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/cvs

[...]

You can switch between CVS servers by changing the CVSROOT environment
variable. Most of the time, you don't even need to do that: once you
are in a work directory, cvs will automatically use the repository
stored in the administrative files.

The only time you need to set CVSROOT is when checking out a new
repository.

Usually, to avoid confusion, I don't even do that: I just set the
cvsroot for the few commands that need it using the -d switch. For
example:

  cvs -d :ext:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/cvs co foo

  cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/bar login
  cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs/bar co quux

... then, after that, drop the -d switch and its argument.

This might work.
I am having trouble with this PATH and ENV variables on KDE.

I think I forgot something critical here.
Examples.

I want to load /usr/local/mozilla as part of PATH. I thought I could do this under .profile - but I either fat-fingered something or it just ignored it.
Similarly, I have added 'export CVSROOT=/var/lib/cvs' to .profile.
But when I open an xterm window ... there is no CVSROOT.