On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:49:42AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
| also sprach nate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002.01.21.2352 +0100]:
| > but i too wouldn't mind a pay download service ..seems
| > in recent months most of the fast U.S. debian mirrors
| > have gone away. or maybe its just my providers.. usually
| > 10-20kb/s once or twice i can get a site that can give
| > 100+kb/s.

It's not just you.  Over here in Rochester; FrontierNet (dsl) at home
and RoadRunner at work.

| a very good point, not easy to refute or take on. but it won't work on a
| pay-per-view basis. but what most don't realize, even if it won't be
| noticeable quickly, a check for $10 now by everyone who thinks like nate
| might get us a 100mbps mirror in a couple of months. simple as that.

If I get some disk space you can use my machine.  I've only got
128Kbps (or something like that) upstream though, and it's my
workstation.

| trouble Debian did shield from you,

Not quite what you meant here :-).  How much damage would I have done
to the trouble?  (correct phrase "trouble Debian did shield you
from").  It's ok, dyslexia strikes 30 out of 1, or so a teacher used
to tell me ;-).

-D

--

A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.