dman wrote:

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:49:42AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
| also sprach nate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002.01.21.2352 +0100]:
| > but i too wouldn't mind a pay download service ..seems
| > in recent months most of the fast U.S. debian mirrors
| > have gone away. or maybe its just my providers.. usually
| > 10-20kb/s once or twice i can get a site that can give
| > 100+kb/s.

It's not just you.  Over here in Rochester; FrontierNet (dsl) at home
and RoadRunner at work.

This is a really bad idea. You implicate that there is a guarantee of available bandwidth if I pay a certain amount of money. My Cable-Modem ISP is my biggest bottleneck and they won't talk about it. Do I get my money back if I try to download during a CableModem slowest time? Cablemodems basically suck because you don't have consistent speed and you can't get anything running for yourself.