To my chagrin, web pages are actually easier to read indirectly from
my wife's Windows machine (when I connect to it by VNC from my Debian
box) than directly on my Debian box. Her Firefox uses Times New Roman,
which I believe is a true type font. On my Firefox I've tried Serif,
Free Serif (slightly better), etc., but still no contest.

An 'apt-cache search' lead me to xfstt. Is that what I need? If so, where
do I get the actual fonts, especially Times New Roman?

Thanks for your help.

Win