Normally, I've used make config for kernel recompiling.

I've decided to move a Woody installation to the 2.4.x
kernels (2.4.21 in fact) and use make menuconfig so
that I can 'go back' to alter mistakes.

The compilation went fine (I thought), but when I looked
at the config file I see menuconfig has changed two of
my selections (my own fault for not checking before
'make dep' and 'make-kpkg').

How can I re-use menuconfig to alter just the two
selections. I tried to run it again, but it uses the
original defaults and not the selections I have already
made.

I recollect someone asking the same question some time
ago, but I can't find the answer in the archives.

Can anyone help, please.

John.