On -5446-Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:41:20AM -0500, Ron Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spake
thus,
> On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 00:29, Aaron wrote:
> > Hey ladies and gents-
> >
> > I had someone SSHed into my box the other day (my laptop) while at
> > work and I wanted to screw with him by booting him off. I obviously
>
> What's more important is, "How the heck did this person get a
> valid password for that machine?"
>
> That's what *I* would be concerned about...

Unfortunately I find it impossible to trust all people. Although the
security and preventative measures available to Linux (handed down
from Unices of lore) are strong, I can't imagine that any system might
be idiot-proof. What if someone is messing with bash scripting and
accidentally creates an endless loop spawning mozilla processes? It is
quite possible that that user might be unaware of 'killall' and
completely unable to rectify his or her own accident.

I don't assert that it is likely a sysadmin might have to boot a valid
user from a system, but since *someone* wrote 'slay' I'm assuming
there was a need.

--
Aaron Bieber
-