On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 06:25, Aaron wrote:
> On -5446-Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:41:20AM -0500, Ron Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> spake thus,
> > On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 00:29, Aaron wrote:
> > > Hey ladies and gents-
> > >
> > > I had someone SSHed into my box the other day (my laptop) while at
> > > work and I wanted to screw with him by booting him off. I obviously
> >
> > What's more important is, "How the heck did this person get a
> > valid password for that machine?"
> >
> > That's what *I* would be concerned about...
>
> Unfortunately I find it impossible to trust all people. Although the

Yeeeeees, but how did the "other person" get a valid password for
your laptop machine?

> security and preventative measures available to Linux (handed down
> from Unices of lore) are strong, I can't imagine that any system might
> be idiot-proof. What if someone is messing with bash scripting and
> accidentally creates an endless loop spawning mozilla processes? It is
> quite possible that that user might be unaware of 'killall' and
> completely unable to rectify his or her own accident.
>
> I don't assert that it is likely a sysadmin might have to boot a valid
> user from a system, but since *someone* wrote 'slay' I'm assuming
> there was a need.

Of course a valid userid must be slain occasionally.

This issue, though, is, "I had someone SSHed into my box the other
day".  Was this person authorized to use that userid?

And, if so, why do you want to "screw with him"?  None of your posts
have mentioned whether he was doing anything egregious or not.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |