I'm looking for a simple MTA.  I have some systems that can generate
email to users from programs like cron or mdadm and on at least 2
systems I currently have no MTA.  I'd like to put on the simplest MTA I
can (and that includes simple to configure) that will accept email from
those programs and store it in the mail directory and act as a POP3
server so my email program can get it from those systems.

I've looked at ssmtp, but that forwards email, which means I'd still
need a mail server on at least one computer.  Nullmailer doesn't seem to
do it and other programs either don't have POP3 or look like a serious
pain to configure.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hal