On Sunday 16 November 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 11/16/08 13:42, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > I'm looking for a simple MTA. I have some systems that can generate
> > email to users from programs like cron or mdadm and on at least 2
> > systems I currently have no MTA. I'd like to put on the simplest
> > MTA I can (and that includes simple to configure) that will accept
> > email from those programs and store it in the mail directory and
> > act as a POP3 server so my email program can get it from those
> > systems.
> > I've looked at ssmtp, but that forwards email, which means I'd
> > still need a mail server on at least one computer. Nullmailer
> > doesn't seem to do it and other programs either don't have POP3 or
> > look like a serious pain to configure.
>
> If this business doesn't already have a mail server, where does it's
> employees get their mail from?  The ISP directly?

Fetchmail pulls it in to a server from the ISP.  I thought about
something like ssmtp that would send the email from each system to that
server, but there are reasons I wanted to just pull it from each
machine.  I guess I could still change my mind on that one.

> --
> Ron Johnson, Jr.
> Jefferson LA  USA
>
> If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!

You mean there are people who agree with you?!?

Hal