El lun, 19-01-2009 a las 05:03 +0000, Bob Cox escribió:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 17:07:51 -0800, consultores1 (consultor...@gmail.com)
> wrote:

> > > I just did an upgrade at my fathers notebook and could download the nvidia
> > > driver. It was easy and intuitive. Don't know what kind of problem you've
> > > had with it. Try again or just try the X native nv driver.
> > >
> > > regards
> > >

> > Thanks for help.
> >
> > I would like to try again with the private Nvidia drivers, could you
> > send me the link? I went to GiForce, then i found series 1-2-3-4-5-6; i
> > choose 6, and there, there were not anything related to my "Nvidia
> > Corporation C51 [Geforce 6150 Go] (rev a2)"
>
> If you haven't already, you ought to read the Debian Nvidia Graphics
> Drivers Wiki at http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers which
> includes links to lists of supported cards.
>
> One of those links is to
> http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/173.14.09/README/appendix-a.html
> which is "Appendix A. Supported NVIDIA GPU Products" and
> which has these listed:
> GeForce 6150
> GeForce 6150 LE
> GeForce Go 6150
> GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
>
> That third one above looks like yours.
>
> --
> Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
> Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.
> Debian on the NSLU2: http://bobcox.com/slug/

Experimenting, i downloded slax iso, burned it, and copied back to my
HD; then i added NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-173.14.12, burned the .iso again,
and it is working correctly!

With Lenny, it can not be installed because no one version of gcc is
coincident with the drivers, or the link is missed. How can i identify
the correct drivers version plus the gcc version to compile it?