On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 10:58:34AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> lee writes:
> > So what have they been thinking to come up with something like that?
>
> Microsoft Exchange.

And they are running a mysql-server on every client so that they don't
need a server for it?

I used to be fine with 2GB of RAM, but 2GB is what a web browser alone
eventually uses now. Now I need 8GB already, and I'm not doing
anything else or more than I used to. What am I going to need in three
years? 64GB or 128GB probably and at least two multi-core CPUs, but
will there be the hardware that supports that?

What about efficiency?

> But why do you want to use KDE at all?

Why not? I liked some of the things it provided, but that doesn't mean
I would use or need all its features. I tried out the calendar/PIM it
has and I didn't like it: So why should I run a mysql server for that?

Besides all that, shouldn't things after an upgrade work as well or
better as they did before? In this case, they don't.