I am liking this more and more. I have preferred opera but the current version
is awful slow to start doing anything. Chrome, it's just there, up and
running.

A few points:
1. It does not download anything without knowledge or permission. Others will
open an upgrade available window on start and give you the choice. Chrome, if
you do not defeat this feature, upgrades will show up in synaptic or aptitude.
You have the choice to upgrade like any other package. How they do it? I did
not see a google entry in sources.list. Tagancha.org?
2. Cxchrome is Codeweavers compilation of the windows versions using wine.
With a working native linux version, this may be obsolete.
3. Downloads are cutely animated. End up in ~/Downloads for now.
4. Setup options are not complete but certainly adequate to try it out.