On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 22:42:03 +0200, lee wrote:

> Camaleón <noela...@gmail.com> writes:

(...)

>>> Just give users a way to find and to read this information while they
>>> are using the installer without requiring them to have anything but
>>> the installer and the computer they are trying to install on.
>>
>> That's absurd. You are not going to install an OS in the middle of
>> nowhere, dude, so you print the manual (or just the sections you are
>> interested in) and you can read it while installing.
>
> 1.) I don't have a working computer to find and print manuals with.
>     First I need to install Debian (or have that working system).

(...)

Then you better stop here and solve this step before going any further or
your chances for a complete failure will increase (in the event the
installer gives you any problem or you don't know how to proceed you will
have to either a) abort or b) blindly choose. None of the above options
will give you an optimal result.

> It's absurd to assume that people have another working computer at hand,
> that they know what manuals to print in advance ...

No, it's not. I find quite normal to expect a minimal working environment
before installing any operating system. Otherwise it would be like saying
you don't have a power outlet to connect your new frigde yet still you
want it delivers ice cubes.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón