On Vi, 18 ian 13, 20:33:01, berenger.mo...@neutralite.org wrote:

> So, for processors able to support x84_64 archs, use it. Why would
> you use only a fragment of your computer's power?

This is a bit of an overstatement. I've been running amd64, i386 and
amd64 kernel with i386 userland on this machine[0] and never felt any
difference.

If you are heavily space constrained[1] than i386 does make sense,
especially if you need 32-bit applications.

[0] Intel Dual Core T2330 @ 1.6 GHz, 2 GiB RAM
[1] at the moment I'm trying to use a 16 GB SD card for my backup
install[2] and /home ;)
[2] usually stable, but I feel like starting from scratch, so I'm using
wheezy

Kind regards,
Andrei