On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 12:21:02 +0100, Lisi Reisz <lisi.re...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday 27 January 2013 09:11:46 Thierry Chatelet wrote:
The Sunday 27 January 2013 09:50:43, Tony van der Hoff wrote :
> On 27/01/13 00:53, John Hasler wrote:
> >> ...only English is acceptable on this list.  People do occasionally
> >> post here in other languages, but they are in error in so doing.
> >
> > They are not in error: there is no rule against it.

amongst

> other things:

<snip>

Yes, but if you go there:http://lists.debian.org/users.html the title for
say debian-user-french is: debian-user in French
so one should write in french.
If you look at debian-user, the title is: Help and discussion among users
of Debian,
 so there is no mention of which language to use on this list.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

The quotation in its entirety is actually:
<quote>
Help and discussion among users of Debian
Support for Debian users who speak English. (High-volume mailing list.)
</quote>

There's nothing like trimming your quotations to misrepresent what is actually
said!!

Lisi

You compare different links!
"[snip]
2010 [Jan] [Feb] [Mar] [Apr] [May] [Jun] [Jul] [Aug] [Sep] [Nov] [Dec]
2011 [Jan] [Feb]
debian-user: Help and discussion among users of Debian
1994 [Jan] [Feb] [Mar] [Apr]
1995 [Jul] [Aug] [Sep] [Oct] [Nov] [Dec]
[snip]" - http://lists.debian.org/users.html

But as I already mentioned, this is in the context of tons of lists for different languages and you have to scroll to get to the international list, so everybody should be aware that this list is for the English, aka _the international language_.

Could this thread please move to off-topic discussions?