Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:44:51 +0100, Thierry Chatelet
<tchate...@free.fr> wrote:
No, I guess most of the people writing in their native
language on this list do it because they have subscribed
to this list and the one in their language, and they make
an error. it happen to me both ways, french on the english
list and vice-versa. It even happen  that I answered a
question in french on the french list, in english. When
one is switching language very often (many time in a hour)
well, sometimes things dont come out the way they should!!!

That's plausible,   [SNIP]

It's way more than plausible. At a former job with a computer manufacture outside of Boston, my boss was at least tri-lingual. I became hilarious when I'd go to his office for instructions just after he had been speaking German to a European office. He would start giving me instructions *IN GERMAN*. I'd listen for a while being able to follow the gist due the number of cognates a explicitly borrowed words in technical vocabularies. I'd just his name in English and he would switch to English almost in mid-sentence ;)

There's a phrase from Shakespeare which summarizes this subject -- "full of sound and fury signifying ..."