On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 04:12:41 +0100, Chris Bannister <cbannis...@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 09:48:13PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
needed, since dependencies for stable are much to old, it easily could
happen that Debian becomes buggier (and more buggy ;) than Ubuntu.

You can bork any system if you really try.

Correct! And I can't decide what's important and what's unimportant for the OP of this thread. But in general it depends to the usage and individual needs what distro will fit the best. On different lists, for different distros, I always read claims that the distro the list is for, should be the best of all. Such claims aren't a help. We don't eat soup with a fork. A spoon isn't a better or less good tool, it simply fits better when eating a soup.

Updates for Debian aren't an issue for one usage and are a PITA for another usage.

Regards,
Ralf