On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 03:48:00PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Now I only want to mention, that making updates for Debian, is
> different to making updates for e.g. Ubuntu and that there's a
> difference between personal experiences and universal validity, that
> some issues overlap, e.g. the Debian policy regarding to firmware
> makes upgrades not easier.

It is easy once you know how though, right?

> However, the OP perhaps will update and when his Debian than should
> be borked others will claim, that the OP missed to read changelogs,
> that the OP shouldn't have used this or that DE etc.. I'm just
> warning that it's not that easy. Different distros, different
> drawbacks and advantages.

Right, and Debian is good because it is flexible¹, and with flexibility
comes complexity.  INMHO, if you are not bothered to read the docs
(which includes bug reports, changelogs, etc.) then Debian may not be
the right choice.

¹ Which is why there are so many derivatives.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X