On 06/16/2013 05:38 PM, Vadim Kolchev wrote:
В Вск, 16/06/2013 в 15:17 -0600, Yongbo Zuo пишет:
Hi All

I have a new PC, I am planning to install both win7 and Debian,
My hardware is as following:
CPU: intel i4770k, 8 core, 3.5GHz
GPU: AMD HD7970
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H

during the installation process, debian cannot recognized my ethernet
card, any suggestions that I can fix that?

I noticed AMD has the linux drivers for hd7970, is it included in
debian installation files?

Thanks,

Kind Regards,
Yongbo

Mr. Yongbo Zuo
Design Engineer 2
Advanced Micro Devices, MHDC, Fort Collins, CO
Master of Science
Computer Engineering in Virginia Tech
Phone: 5408087209
Mailing Address: 2950 E Harmony Rd, Suite 300, Fort Collins, CO 80528

--心有多坚
             ~ 路有多远!

Does Debian in the beginning of installation process complain about
missing firmware for your ethernet card? If yes, you have to write down
which one and then put it onto usb stick and use it alongside with
installation media. Also there are unofficial cd images that come
preloaded with all known debian firmware. Please consult this page for
further actions. http://wiki.debian.org/Firmware

Regards,
Vadim Kolchev

Just a suggestno. I had the same problem w. my win7 laptop trying to put Debian on it. I shrank the W7 hd size using live CD of gparted and then formatted the balance of the drive as ext 3 I believe. Then installed LMDE on the new ext3 partition. The ethernet card was recognized immediately and the install went great. Once that is done you can do a total dist-up[grade of debian and it will supposedly be a plain Debian install. the LMDE is Llinux Mint Debian Edition whihc is the rolling "testing" version of Linux Mint w. the Debian Testing as the backbone. You should be able to change the sources list to Wheezy or leave it at testing and go nuts.

Worked for me howver I have not yet done the full install after LMDE install as have been too busy. But have read that it is possible.

Regards.
whit