On 22/06/13 04:38 PM, Lagun Adeshina wrote:
Hi Guys,
I need your help.

1. I set out to install Debian from Windows 7

2. I downloaded the win 32 Debian Installer and went through the procedures

3. On reaching the partitioning option I got a little confused I had
used the RAID5 Partition then

4. I went on to stop the installing

5. I could not restart either my window 7 nor continue the installing

6. My computer is a emachine 732 running initially on windows 7

7. Help me please

This could be that the Windows 7 partition was corrupted. I always advise people to do the partitioning outside of the installation when doing a dual-boot. The reason is that Windows file systems are touchy and probably need to be checked after being resized.

The fact that you seem to have a RAID 5 array, which I'm guessing is using the SATA RAID drivers for Windows, makes things more complicated.

However, we need more information on what exactly your setup is, where the RAID 5 comes in, and what happens when you try to boot.