 From: Gary Dale <garyd...@rogers.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Saturday, 22 June 2013, 21:47
Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!

On 22/06/13 04:38 PM, Lagun Adeshina wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I need your help.
>
> 1. I set out to install Debian from Windows 7
>
> 2. I downloaded the win 32 Debian Installer and went through the procedures
>
> 3. On reaching the partitioning option I got a little confused I had
> used the RAID5 Partition then
>
> 4. I went on to stop the installing
>
> 5. I could not restart either my window 7 nor continue the installing
>
> 6. My computer is a emachine 732 running initially on windows 7
>
> 7. Help me please

This could be that the Windows 7 partition was corrupted. I always
advise people to do the partitioning outside of the installation when
doing a dual-boot. The reason is that Windows file systems are touchy
and probably need to be checked after being resized.

The fact that you seem to have a RAID 5 array, which I'm guessing is
using the SATA RAID drivers for Windows, makes things more complicated.

However, we need more information on what exactly your setup is, where
the RAID 5 comes in, and what happens when you try to boot.