Le 23.10.2013 15:16, Linux-Fan a écrit :
On 10/23/2013 02:50 PM, berenger.mo...@neutralite.org wrote:
Le 23.10.2013 14:36, Marko Randjelovic a écrit :
On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:45:55 +0200
Marko Randjelovic <marko...@eunet.rs> wrote:

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:46:16 +0200
berenger.mo...@neutralite.org wrote:

> I think that midori is still maintained?

Never heard of it, except in Debian repo, anyway I'll give it a try.

Thanks

I got very frustrated about Webkit (Midori uses Webkit). I found
enormous number of bugs in CVE list, but most of them were related to products that use Webkit such as Google Chrome, I should determine if they originated from Webkit or those products, but it was impossible
due to their number, then I wanted to check few of them, but it was
also not possible because Webkit bug tracker didn't allow me to view
relevant page, even when I registered and logged in.

Web browsers that use Webkit: kazehakase, arora, epiphany-browser,
luakit, midori, surf, xxxterm.

I must admit that no webkit browser convinced me until now. You forgot uzbl, dillo, dwb... all of them are slow and/or buggy. I do not really
think it is because they are using webkit, of course.

On the other hand, there are not a lot of graphical web browsers using another renderer. Except firefox, IE and opera, I do not know any to be
exact.

And the developers of Opera decided to discontinue developing their own
engine which leaves even fewer renderers.

I have read this information here and there. But for now, version 12 still uses their home made engine, and it works correctly enough for me.

On the other hand, WebKit has
been forked by Google for new Chrome browsers. This might (in the
future) cause two different WebKit-like rendering engines to exist.

cf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebKit#Forks

If you have any suggestion of webbrowser to try, I will be happy to
learn it's name, even it I need to compile it. Web-browsers are one of the most use tools nowadays, but no one is really good, even in mainstream. The choices I have found are between fast and not too buggy ( mainstream ) which are bloated, and non bloated but surprisingly, slow and buggy as
hell ( all other I have found ).

I am also still looking for a "smaller" browser. Iceweasel is the most memory-intensive application apart from VirtualBox, 7-Zip and games I am
usually running. However, I also like (and need) the extensibility of
Iceweasel: I would not consider a browser useful unless you can disable JavaScript by default enabling it only temporarily like with "NoScript".

This is indeed a vital feature, to be able to disable JS on a per website base. I am quite happy that opera provides it natively. It is only sad that it is not easily accessible. I personally favor websites which are usable without any plugin and JS, so I keep those "features" disabled by default, except websites I trust. At a time, I did the same for cookies, but now I simply forbid external ones. I should configure that back to no cookies at all I think.