Le 26.10.2013 11:30, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
There's a German song called "Ein bisschen Frieden" (A little bit of
peace). There isn't something like a little bit of peace, a little bit
of libre. You can't be a little bit pregnant.

Note that, in practice, the non-libre software flash plugin, opera, nvidia's drivers and lot of wifi firmwares works well in Debian. I'm sorry, but, my systems have a little bit of non-free softwares, and works better with them. No free alternative can allow me to use things the way I want: firefox lacks lot of features opera have, gnash is just useless in practice for streaming, nouveau does not give me full 3D acceleration, and there are simply no free wifi drivers.

Even on "totally free systems", your BIOS's code is not free. I like idealism, but thinking that you can really be completely free is a dream. And if you want something completely free, go try distributions approved by FSF. Debian is not, because it eases access to non-free softwares. In my mind, Debian makes you more free, because it makes you free to have non free softwares.

But, anyway, I do not think that this debate is useful. No one will convince others I bet.