I have changed from Windows 2000 to Linux because of the viruses. Iam
very happy now because Linux is much safer and much more stable.However, I
have a problem: I have a file with words in English with the phonetic
transcription but Openoffice or KWord of Debian-Linux doesn't convert some of
the symbols:the schwa, the symbol for sh in ship, the symbol for ch in chair,
the symbol for j in John, the symbol for s in television, the symbol for s
in treasure, the symbol for th in three, the symbol for u in cut. I
have downloaded the tippa fonts and all  the others from Debian and they are
available in my computer. Could somebody help me to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.