I can't convert the  Windows file into pdf in Windows because I don't have
the Acrobat Reader program; In Linux the pdf is free but in Windows it costs
600 euros.
Email the file to me, if you like  -- I'll convert it for you on myMac.Cam--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.From Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine
Coastcam(at)ellisonet(dot)cacamellison(at)dccnet(dot)comcam(at)fleuryassociates(dot)com
Thanks a lot to Cam Ellison!
Actually I found a pdf I had from Windows and it works wonderfully In Debian
but the problem is that I keep adding information to that old file, so that
pdf is not up to date any more and I need to sort it out in Debian.
Now I have another problem with OpenOffice: this file has over 1000 pages; as
it was so big OpenOffice took ages to add a single word, so I decided to make
8 small files with just over 100 pages each. In Windows 1995, 1998, 2000 it
worked very well that way and less well with over 1000 pages but with
OpenOffice it takes a long time to add one word in just one of the 8 small
files and there is also a terrible problem: when I converted the file from
Windows to Debian  there was sometimes a blank space between a word and the
following one; in the original file there was no such a blank space; for
example, suppose that "because" is in the middle of a line and the next word
"there ..."  is not in the same line but at the beginning of the following
line; if I try to put  "there ..." behind "because to eliminate the blank
space, it takes a few minutes and does it; apparently everything is fine; I
save the file and when I open it again, all the words that were after "there"
until the end of the paragraph, maybe 30 lines, have disappeared. So I have
to find another older file to copy those 30 lines and paste it again;
otherwise I can't recover those 30 lines any more. That has happened to me at
leat 5 times, so I am terrified about the whole thing. I tried with KWord but
it is even worse, it doesn't convert some pages throughout the file; it is
just horrible.
I certainly think that Linux is wonderful as far as the Internet is concerned
because there are no viruses and it doesn't reboot every once in a while like
Windows when there is a small error but as far as word processing is
concerned I am disappointed; maybe it has to do with the fact that the 8
files were not written in Linux originally but I am thinking about the
possibility of installing Windows as well in another disk just for the Word
processor because at the moment I have the problem of the fonts and on top of
it the problem of disappearance of many words without any reason at all.
I have to solve both problems; my friend is helping me with the first one
thanks to all the help that some of you have given me but can somebody help
me to solve the second one before I decide to install Word from Windows as
well?