I've done just that, resurrected Xdx which had last been in Squeeze and
was orphaned and dropped from Wheezy.  The original author gave his
blessing for me to take over maintanence in mid-January, I released a
stable verion three weeks ago, and just this week it appeared in Sid as
a "new" package.

So, yes, this is quite possible so long as there is a willing Debian
packager available.  Fortunately, amateur radio software has a couple of
such dedicated souls.

- Nate