Using mutt this morning, I was informed that my postfix certificate had expired
a few days ago.
I made a new one with:

openssl req -new -outform PEM -out smtpd.cert -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout
smtpd.key -keyform PEM -days 365 -x509

I'm fairly certain this is precisely how I did it a year ago.

the hostname on the box is tonybaldwin.info
the fqdn is tonybaldwin.info

but every time I send a message, I'm told the hostname on the server doesn't
match
the hostname on the certificate.
I'm a bit lost on that.
I can accept it (I've been choosing "accept (o)nce" until I can resolve this,
but
(a)ccept always is an option)
It doesn't seem to be impeding me from sending or receiving mail,
but I have to wonder if it will hinder others in receiving my mail (if their
provider
sees a problem with my cert?).

./tony
--