On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 09:15:55AM +0000, Ron Leach wrote:
> On 25/02/2014 18:08, Tony Baldwin wrote:
>
> >No, not sendmail. The server has postfix and dovecot,
> >I'm using imap, not pop, and sending the mail through the dovecot smtp
> >on the server.
> >

> Tony, where have you found info to help you with the Dovecot SMTP
> submission server?  I follow the Dovecot list and there is
> development in progress for an SMTP submission scheme through
> Dovecot; I thought this might assist logged-in Dovecot users to send
> mail.  I looked again at the Dovecot wiki last night, following your
> post, but I couldn't see any documentation.  The feature is still in
> development, I thought.
>
> Have you been using something from development?

Ah, now you're going to get 2 replies, because I already replied to the
off-list message...
But, for the sake of the list, I used this docu from linode:
https://library.linode.com/email/postfix/dovecot-mysql-debian-6-squeeze
I've used it on 3 different servers to set up mail, now.
Of course, that was for squeeze (and all of the server I have serving
mail were initially squeeze), and I had to make changes to dovecot
configs after upgrade to wheezy.

tony
--
https://tonybaldwin.info