Brian wrote:
[Please don't shout. I've got a headache.]

On Sat 31 May 2014 at 06:35:55 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

Brian wrote:

Using preseeding to set a default answer for a question but still have
the question asked is described. Is there anything there which is not
amenable to a quick test or two?

Agreed ;/
I actually did two tests. Both *FAILED*.
The only conclusion (documentation assumed correct) is I be clueless.
Both tests based on pseudo-code in B.5.2.

Many decades ago, as an engineering co-op student, I LEARNED that
what one writes/reads is heavily dependent on one's previous
experience.

That's why I requested pointer to KNOWN WORKING example.

Do you think it might help if we had details of the tests done?

No!

Only one of the tests was relevant to my stated goal.
The other was a random test to see if marking ANYTHING as not seen worked.
That is why I EXPLICITLY asked for pointer to ANY *WORKING* example.