On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:15:10 +0200
Bzzzz <lazyvi...@gmx.com> wrote:

 > Treating sysV of "overly complex" against systemd is… quite intriguing
 > (to stay polite and avoid referring to brain and other things;)

All of the above is opinion, not source code based, and has nothing at to do
with anything other than -- I don't want to use it...

I've been using GNU/Linux for at least 15 years.  I've programmed in many
languages - my favorite being assembly.  I find bash scripting to be rather
cumbersome, and I find systemd significantly easier to use than sysvinit...
after I read through the documentation, that is...

So, I guess I'm just the odd anomaly?  I suppose /everyone/ who runs GNU/Linux
finds bash scripting easy in comparison to filling in sectioned off lists of
options, except me?  And I suppose there are no users 'out there' who have read
about systemd and are eagerly learning how to use it to their advantage rather
than moaning about changing how something is done?

I somehow don't think so...

Further the NSA has guns.  They control the agenda because they can shoot
you...  We're talking about open source software here... If anyone wants to:

apt-get source sysvinit

is all you need to type in order to compile your own init and run it on
whatever machine you wish...

So, the NSA comparison is complete rubbish and a total red herring.

Troll-baited... sure... however, I would hope that at the very least those
wishing systemd away have at least /looked/ a little at the documentation and
configuration of systemd.

--Andrew