Am Samstag, 20. September 2014, 17:41:54 schrieb Hans:
> > As in the other thread again, it still works here. With version patched
> > 4.2.
> >
> > At least I can see online state of buddies after login in and it does log
> > in.
> >
> > Ciao,
>
> Did you real disconnect or just close the application? Try to diconnect and
> reconnect. Does it work?

Hmmm, I see.

I just started the application with auto login and that did still work.

But when I logoff from within the application I cannot login again.

There is lots of binary data in ~/.Skype.

Gee, I so want to get rid of it. I don´t use Skype very much. But my father
does. He lives farer away and I don´t want to fix it everytime Microsoft messes
it up.

But that is what you I think basically get with any online server.

I wonder about a solution I can install on my server. It would just act as a
router and the connection would be between clients directly. A solution that
is *fully* and *completely* under *my* control and *will work as is* until *I*
decide to change it.

Maybe I just grown up with a different infrastructure, but look at IRC… it just
works.

This new web 2.0 and cloud based service crap can just leave me alone for
good. Even Google discontinues services and such… so once you trust a service
provider, you give up control.

Ciao,