Am Samstag, 20. September 2014, 19:13:43 schrieb Hans:
> > Hmmm, I see.
> >
> > I just started the application with auto login and that did still work.
> >
> > But when I logoff from within the application I cannot login again.
> >
> > There is lots of binary data in ~/.Skype.
>
> Yes, but you can relogin using my workaround. If you are logged in again,
> and did as I adviced, backup the folder with your skype accountname and the
> file config.xml.
>
> Thwe "config.xml" houses your connection data and I think,. some keys. If
> you delete ~/home/user/.Skype accidently, just restart skype, close it, and
> copy this into the newly created folder ~/home/user/.Skype.
>
> If you start skype then again, you will again reconnected to the skype
> server.
>
> Good luck!

That is no instruction I can give to my father. And you need a Skype 4.3
binary then as well?

I actually don´t care that much. I don´t use Skype regularily. But my father
does. And these kind of instructions are fundamentally incompatible with him
:). Skype could be something to bring him back to Windows. Maybe thats the
hidden agenda of Microsoft. Make the new versions of Skype for Linux require
more and more stuff… and require new versions… so people with to Linux. Anyway…
this may be far fetched…

Lets hope Skype 4.3 with PulseAudio will work for him, until an alternative
like tox.im is ready. Maybe it is already, lets see what further testing
reveals.

Ciao,