Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:
Am 13.11.2014 um 21:49 schrieb Andrei POPESCU <andreimpope...@gmail.com>:

On Jo, 13 nov 14, 10:49:44, Amodelo wrote:
Sorry, used the wrong account for answering previously.

I am also not interested in testing an ugly work-around (install
unwanted A, replace it by B). My servers seem to have similar
configurations like those of Miles Fidelman.

I definitely want a straight upgrade path with a minimum of problems,
and a minimum of wasted time. That’s why I choosed Debian.
The replacing is only necessary on fresh *Jessie* installs.
So I should clone basic Wheezy VMs and then upgrade to Jessie;-)

Upgrading from Wheezy will probably only require installing
sysvinit-core before the dist-upgrade step.

Note that there seems to be an ongoing issue with whether or not the installer will issue a warning before a package dependency leads to an automatic change to systemd. See bugs 765803 and 762194.

Miles Fidelman