Le Tue, 11 Nov 2014 07:42:33 -0500,
Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> a écrit :

> On 11/10/2014 6:18 PM, Michael Biebl <bi...@debian.org> wrote:
> > Am 11.11.2014 um 00:14 schrieb Miles Fidelman:
> >> Ok, then explain to me the procedure for running the installer in
> >> such a way that systemd is never installed, thus avoiding any
> >> potential problems that might result from later uninstallation all
> >> the dependencies that systemd brings in with it.
>
> > Please be specific. What problems of of dependencies are you
> > talking about?
>
> Please stop bring up irrelevant questions and address the question
> being asked.
>
> This does require you to at least understand and acknowledge the
> difference between a *clean* install, and installing something one
> way, then having to uninstall a primary piece and replace it with
> something else.
>
> The two are not the same, and no amount of you trying to act as if
> they are will change the fact that they are not.

There are no functional differences between an installation with
sysvinit-core out of the box or an install where sysvinit-core is
installed later, this is a fact.

Allowing the user to choose this at install time from the interface is
a "nice to have" feature (wishlist bug) not a RC bug like you were
claiming earlier.